Norwegian Program for Capacity Development in Higher Education and Research for Development (NORHED), aims to strengthen the capacity of higher educational institutions in developing countries to produce higher-quality graduates, high-quality research, and more inclusive higher education. The NORHED-II program has funded the “Research Based Education for Development of Hydropower Professionals for the Himalayan Region (Hydro-Himalaya)” project at Kathmandu University.
What We Do
In Hydro-Himalaya Project we are working towards the three pillars of Sustainable Development: Quality Education, Technology Development, and Industry Development.
Outcome of the project
- Better Qualified Workforce
- Bridge Industry and Academia
- International Research Competence
- Sustainable Solutions & Practices
- Evidence-based Policies
- Gender Equality and Inclusion
- Higher Quality Research
Objectives of the Project
Strengthen the research-based education within hydropower engineering at Kathmandu University by producing a better-qualified workforce in the Himalayan region.
Transfer of academic and research competence from Kathmandu University to the Nepalese and Himalayan region universities in the field of hydropower engineering.
Bridging academia and industry for sustainable solutions and practices.
- Overarching goal – The Himalaya region has increased access to sustainable and resilient energy infrastructure, educated nationals able to maintain and further develop the energy sector and industry utilizing and promoting sustainable solutions.
- Education – The Himalaya region has increased access to local personnel with relevant education and skills to maintain and further develop the energy infrastructure in a sustainable matter.
- Technology Development – The Himalaya region has increased access to sustainable and resilient technology specifically developed or adapted for the technical challenges in the region.
- Industry development – Domestic and regional industry are matured and ready to implement new innovations.
Balaram Tara Energy Block 28 “A”, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel
Phone No 9861936212